Thursday, January 10, 2008

January 10, 2008 Report


Big news. Jake is scheduled for a Make-A-Wish trip during President's Day weekend to Legoland in San Diego. We fly out after dialysis on Friday, spend Saturday and Sunday at Legoland, do dialysis in San Diego on Monday, and fly back on Tuesday. A whole weekend where it won't be safe to walk around in bare feet. He's very excited, and we are of course grateful to Make-A-Wish. I'm going to miss the annual 24 Hours of Sebring endurance bicycle race, but it's clearly worth it.

We're moving forward with getting him on the Kidney Transplant list at University of Miami Hospital. It looks like he'll go on the list in April. From there, it could take a week or it could take a year.

In other news, I left my job and I'm starting a small "boutique" law firm with 2 friends. See www.SCS-legal.com for details. It's kind of a mid-life crisis thing. I'll post my goodbye email to Akerman tomorrow.

No comments: