Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Today is our 14th wedding anniversary. It seems like just yesterday . . . that I finished paying for the wedding. We hope to have an actual adult night out (with a babysitter and everything) on Saturday.

I'll be driving back to Gainesville in the afternoon (in my big pimpin' Toyota Yaris rental), and we should be driving back to Miami tomorrow.

Jake is tentatively scheduled to have his catheter removed next Thursday at Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital in Fort Lauderdale. We hope that he won't have to be admitted for an overnight stay to recover from that procedure. Once that's done, he can take real baths, swim, go skydiving, practice bullfighting, etc.

I thought we'd be done with big medical expenses, but I have to go to the orthodontist next week and I may need braces. I'd been proud of my ability to handle stress, but I've been grinding my teeth (or so I thought). It turns out my jaw is now misaligned to one side. Could be stress, could be the physical beatings I take when somebody in the car sees a punchbug.

Got the new camera body in the mail, so once I finish reading the 300 page manual I can post higher-resolution pictures that you won't be able to notice because blogger compresses everything.

3 comments:

CLG said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! I remember your beautiful wedding as if it were yesterday; you two were/are so cute together. Make sure to get the grown-up dinner - you both deserve it. Congratulations!

50-b4-50 said...

Hey, how about a wedding day picture posting? Hope you have a safe trip home!

Anonymous said...

Jake and Jennifer,
I can't wait to see both of you next. Congrats, I am so happy that you are finally home. Jake looks really good in those pictures. You are going to be swamped with attention when you come next week. Everyone is missing you and Jake. Lidia said "It's not fun anymore with jake and Jennifer". Can't wait to see you.
Shannon