Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Final Post

I keep passing a billboard on the drive to work for Randy Pausch’s “Final Lecture”.   This is the “Final Post” – same sentiment but drastically different circumstances.

We spent the weekend at Jen’s parents’ house in Fernandina Beach.  Jake went swimming and boogie-boarding twice a day, and got to see his cousin Mia and Uncle Frank.  He’s looking good and he’s feeling good.  I’d say that he’s recuperated.

While walking to the coffee shop this morning, I was thinking how truly blessed we’ve been.  From the deep lows at the beginning of this journey, we never lost hope or love for each other and our friends and family.  That love has paid off, and we spend each day with a rare gift – a conscious recognition of how blessed we are each and every day.

Thank you for all your love and support.  You can friend me at http://www.facebook.com/larrysilv for all the latest updates.  I’ve also set up the new Silverman Family blog at www.larrysilv.blogspot.com, so you can keep up with our travels, my consumer rants, and all the other minutiae. 

No comments: