Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I blame Bradgelina

We'll be staying at Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital all week.  Jake's kidney blood test results have been elevated the past few weeks.  After trying the usual fixes - (1) making him drink tons of water, (2) yelling at him to drink more water, and (3) repeat; - it was clear that something was amiss.  He had a surgical needle biopsy yesterday, and the docs decided he had some transplant rejection.  Yesterday they said it was acute.  Today they say it's mild.  Full pathology results don't come until Friday.

Based on what we know, they admitted him today to treat him with IV steroid treatments for a few days.  When we get discharged, he'll be on 100mg doses of prednisone.  It may be safer for Mom and Dad here at the hospital.

Many friends stopped by, and he's in good spirits.    The room was packed with good friends (old and young) when I came in after work. Other than the IV installation traumas, the rest of the time he's calm  and watching TV or playing on the laptop or iPad.  This wing of the hospital is brand new, and it's really nice.  The room is huge, and has a couch (which pulls out into a bed) and a lounge chair.  I'll be sleeping here all week.

Since I spent all of last week with my Mom while she had surgery at Sloan-Kettering in NYC, I noticed there seems something going on with family health over the past few weeks.  Jake's elevated kidney levels and my Mom's issues arose at the exact same time that Brad and Angelina announced they're getting married.  Coincidence?  I don't think so.  Let's look at the evidence;

1.  Brad and Angie had the same effect on Jennifer Aniston's sanity.  This fact was confirmed by several issues of US magazine I saw in my dentist's office.

2. She has the sunken eyes of a dialysis patient.  That's evidence of an anti-renal vibe.

3. I tried getting Jake interested in the Tomb Raider video game a year ago, but he didn't seem to like it.  She starred in the movie.

4. Jake's only knowledge and interest in baseball comes from the Nicktoons vs. MLB Stars Wii video game.  Brad's role in Moneyball as Billy Beane was the antithesis of the MLB Stars video game model.






No comments: