Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A pretty easy night

It's kind of amazing how comfortable Jake is with the concept of the hospital.  He didn't go to sleep until a little after midnight, but he slept well, and woke up at 6:45 in a very good mood.  That would never happen at home.  He's adept at getting in and out of bed, as well as wheeling his IV around.

He was also able to go right back to sleep after the 4am vital signs checks and the 5am bathroom visit.  I had reasonable success in falling back asleep after the three trips  to the nurse desk (2am, 3am, 5am) to tell the nurse about the various alarm beeps that the IV pumps would make. I think it was just him twisting the IV in his sleep, but the alarm doesn't go off when he untwists.

Jen came to relieve me at 7am.  I have a crazy workweek, so I can't linger during the day. I'm going to go home, walk the dogs, and clean up for work.  I have to admit that I am looking forward to not having the Disney TV channel as background noise at all times.

Three of his teachers stopped by yesterday and brought him schoolwork, so he'll be occupied during the day.  After school, there will probably be another influx of visitors.

One of our friends brought a candy basket, so he - and me - were snacking a bit.  I'd kicked the candy habit a new months ago, so hopefully this won't lead to relapse.  My dealer says that this is why the first order of gummy bears is free.

No comments: