Sunday, September 16, 2012

A rainy day retreat

I was busy last night (I had promised to help out at a bike race at the track) and Jen took my place for the parental sleepover.  I slept at home, between the very lonely and needy dogs,  The dogs seem very disoriented by the lack of family presence.

I got to the hospital around 9:15am today, and Jen and Jake were both half-asleep.  I think they double-napped, because it's now 12:30pm and Jake is still a bit groggy.

I think we're going home this afternoon. Jake will come back tomorrow (and Wed and Fri) for an IV dose in the morning.  Jake's kidney numbers have stabilized a bit.  They aren't good, but they aren't getting worse.  I think his overall kidney function is at 30%.  You need dialysis when it gets to 15%.  I think his post-transplant numbers were around 45%.  

No comments: