Friday, June 22, 2007

Big weekend plans

Jake had a pretty good week. No major health developments. The blood pressure medicine is cut down a little, but nothing substantial. Mommy's got a bad cold.

The weekend should be fun. Tomorrow Jake and I are going to the Fort Lauderdale Comics and Anime convention. How cool is that! Go to www.Floridasupercon.com for details. I plan on releasing my inner nerd, although my outer nerd is fairly transparent and the inner nerd is usually visible.

If I can fit it in, the state track bicycle points race (elite division) championship is Saturday night. I may go and be an early casualty. I normally race Masters (old guys), not Elite (young guys). We'll see if I can go -- Jake gets bored watching the racing, and Jen needs to stay home and rest.

Driving to a comics convention is the right time to blast my Rush cassettes. The other Jen (Remy's mom) took me to the Rush concert last week, and I forgot to mention it. Just prior to Jake getting sick, we saw Geddy Lee taking his dad to dinner at Katz' Deli in Aventura. A brush with greatness (and dill pickles).

No comments: