Monday, June 4, 2007

June 4 Update - OK, I got a little behind

Jake is full of energy. He's feisty. Given what we've been through, you'd think we couldn't get enough of that. You'd be wrong.

Last night, he was disappointed because we "promised" that we'd watch "Night at the Museum". We had some things going on yesterday (the Lion King show, a trip to the Swap Show, a late dinner). All fun kid things, and each accompanied by a toy. One thing leads to another, and it's 9:00 p.m. with no movie. We tried to tell him that we'd have to defer the movie until tomorrow. At that point, he got mad. He followed Mommy around and said "you lied to me". He did that continuously for 30 minutes, varying his tone and diction every few minutes for emphasis.. "You lied to me. You lied to me. You lied to me ..." You get the idea.

The best conversation of the weekend:

"Mommy, remember you said my brain was injured in the hospital. Well, I still have the sore on the back of my head, and my brain hurts."
"Honey, that's not how it works. the brain stuff is different than the sore in the back of your head. That was a bed sore . . ."
"Mommy, doesn't anybody understand sarcasm around here."


Mental acuity is at 100%. Physical dexterity is close to 100%. Kidneys need work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand Jake the Snake!!!!!! Sarcasm is an art form with its own theological place in the world. "Wasting sarcasm is a sin", or so R. Stevens says in "Diesel Sweeties" (08/16/2005). Continue your mastery of the art form, Jacob. The world needs an army of sarcastic jesters right now to defeat the arrogant armies of darkness. You are closer than you think, young Jedi master. Hang in there mom and dad!!!!!

Mark (N.C.)