Monday, November 20, 2023

C. Diff.? :(



Jake's getting re-admitted back into the hospital.  It appears that he has C. Diff (not certain, but possible). That's a hospital-bourne bacterial infection that causes bad colon stuff.  It's a common but unfortunate side effect of being in the hospital.  I'm sure there are a number of previous 2007 and 2009 blog entries about C. Diff.   Yuck.



I'm sad. On the other hand, if that's what has been causing his discomfort, it's good to have an answer and a solution. Jen will do the today and overnight shift, and I'll do the tomorrow shift. 

Jake has fewer medical issues than our older dog. Since this is a last minute thing, the dog will stay home and I'll give him his meds and shots.  Last week, it cost $500.00 a day to board that dog, due to all the medical requirements. His younger brother cost $50.00 a day to board.




 





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, poor Jake having to deal with C diff. or ? I just read up on it and it sounds highly unpleasant. I hope the diagnosis is clearcut and there is an easy fix. Praying for a speedy recovery.🙏🏽💕
And meanwhile, good luck with the dog duties 🍀 🐕 I have never heard of such prices… clearly I am in the wrong line of work. 💰