Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Week at the hotel

Jake tested positive for C.Diff., so he'll probably in the hospital until Friday. It's a Thanksgiving party on the renal floor! He's tired, but generally improving. Kidney is still strong.  

Over the years, I have developed a taste for the Flanigan's Thanksgiving special:



I think it's dine-in only, but I'll check.  It's not really logistically possible or enjoyable to eat a full Thanksgiving dinner in a hospital room.  

Before this week's events, I mail-ordered this monstrosity --the "Pie-Caken" --  from Goldbelly:

 


It's like a turducken, except its a pecan pie, a pumpkin pie, a spice cake and an apple pie layered together with cinnamon buttercream.  It arrived at home today.  I'll bring it to the hospital on Thursday.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh. Sorry about the C. diff. I hope the antibiotics do their magic and they’re able to knock it out without repeat infection. Thank goodness for the relatively quick diagnosis. Good to hear that Jake is feeling better overall. 💕I guess he has a lot of incentive to recover fast now that there’s a Pie-caken waiting to be devoured. 🙃 🥧 🍰

Kelly Garcia said...

Hoping the C. diff clears out and he is able to go home soon. I think one bite of that cake is going to send you all into a sugar-overdose. Looks like an eating-challenge for you both. Sending our positive vibes Jacob's way through the universe. Kelly G