Thursday, November 16, 2023

Morning report - (spoiler alert)

The head transplant doctor came and said that Jake is on transplant "cruise control". That's a good thing - it means that everything is going according to plan.  It was a bad thing when my high school academic advisor said that I seemed to be on academic cruise control and not improving.  Context matters.

Later today, they are planning to take out his dialysis catheter that he's had for the past few months. That's welcome news - it's very uncomfortable.

I'm back to observing some of the unusual sights in the hospital.  First and foremost, I want any excuse to play with the pneumatic tubes that connect the different parts of the hospital.


I am starting to obtain some of the in-surgery pictures.  The kidney would have fit neatly into one of the pneumatic containers.


Yes, that's the actual new kidney! As you can see, you need to work through my dumb humor to get to the good stuff.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news!!! Keep them coming!

Anonymous said...

I know a few people who could use a head transplant!