Sunday, April 22, 2007

4/22 Status Report

Jake is good. This morning he asked to see his friend Patrick, who then came over so quickly that he must have been hanging out in the hospital parking lot. We took Jake outside via the mobile chair, so he saw natural sunlight for the first time in four weeks.

Jen has noted that when I said we are going kosher, that means we are planning to have a kosher home after we get home and the house renovations are finished. In order to avoid withdrawal symptoms, for now that only means no pork. We're not yet at the point where we require that foods be prepared under rabbinical supervision. (Hint- we do love homecooked meals)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen and Larry: That's so wonderful to know Jake is Ok. Deeply inside my heart I knew He was going to be healthy. It is so good you go Kosher, Ivan's sister is Jew and has taught me many things abouth Kosher home and food preparation. That's so healthy and good (even though Ivan loves junk food).

I found a web very interested about Kidney health you should see.

http://users.mrbean.net.au/~wlast/kidney.html

Love

Lilly and Ivan

P.D. My family overseas (from Turkey, Canada, Spain and Colombia) wants to see Jake's picture (maybe before this episode). It will be so cool if you put his picture in this blog or send us an e-mail: lilisco1@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Jen, Larry, and Jacob,

This has been a hectic weekend for us (the Naibryf family) but each day I have taken the time to peek into the blogspot,.... there is NOT a night that goes by and I hear Micaela ask me,.."So mami, whats the update on Jacob...?" So we read through it together and smile to eachother,...I guess to comfort ourselves and feel the happiness you feel!!! We are thrilled he is doing so well,....MAZAL TOV!
With Love,
Carlos, Ronit, Mica, Tali and Ilan