Friday, April 20, 2007

Random Uplifting Moments

The running theme of this blog has "Once you make it through 'awful', the merely 'bad' can be easily overcome." Jacob's spirit of perserverence is uplifting, and has carried over (I was going to say 'infected', but we don't use that word around here) to his parents. However, our family is blessed with a world-class network of friends, colleagues and neighbors, so our road is always hopeful.

Having now started our fourth week in the ICU, we have seen how truly lucky we are. There's a little girl named Destiny at the end of the hall. She's one year old, and has spent more time inside of the ICU than out of it. She has serious medical issues. What she doesn't have is any sort of family. We believe she's in foster care. She has no visitors, and has been "adopted" as an informal mascot by the ICU staff. Her radiant smile (and lack of visitors) caught the attention of Chris Carver a few weeks ago, and he mentioned it in an internal Akerman e-mail.

Destiny's plight captured the hearts and minds of the Akerman Fort Lauderdale office , and yesterday I was privileged to help Jeff Lynne deliver to the ICU almost 50 pounds of new clothing and toys for Destiny. The staff has spent the better part of a day dressing her up, and Destiny seems to love it. It was a touching gift, and will light up her life. The ICU staff has asked me to extend their sincere thanks for the gift.

1 comment:

bbb said...

Greetings Jen and Larry:
I just heard about little Jacob today. After reading each status report he has definitely progressed, and will continue to do so. My faith in God's ability to heal the sick, et al. is without doubt.
Matthew 8:5-13 (New International Version)The Faith of the Centurion
5 When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help.
6 "Lord," he said, "my servant lies at home paralyzed and in terrible suffering."
7 Jesus said to him, "I will go and heal him."
8 The centurion replied, "Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed.
9 For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and that one, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it."
10 When Jesus heard this, he was astonished and said to those following him, "I tell you the truth, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith.
11 I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.
12 But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."
13 Then Jesus said to the centurion, "Go! It will be done just as you believed it would." And his servant was healed at that very hour.

Look up:
http://www.biblegateway.com

I have personally experienced, and have seen God's miraculous working power. Jen, I no longer have fibroids, and I did not undergo a medical procedure (just one personal experience/miracle).

I decree and declare, in the mighty and miraculous name of "Jesus" that Jacob will not need a Kidney transplant, and that Jacob is healed from the top of his head to the tip of his toes.

Stand together in faith, and begin to thank All Mighty God for healing Jacob. Do not look at what it appears to be, but what will be done. Do not let doubt enter into your mind. Do not let anyone speak doubt to you.

I will see you.

Sincerely
Betty Bodkin Brown
blbodkin@bellsouth.net