Thursday, April 26, 2007

4/26-4/27 Status Report

Jen's post is a hard act to follow, but I'll try.

We are starting our fifth week in the hospital. Jake had an excellent day. He had a full set of rehabilitative therapies, and had some friends stop by and visit. I got to watch SpongeBob with him and one of his friends and all three of us were laughing hysterically. I'll always remember that look on his face. He's in good spirits (well, as good as can be expected), and somewhat understands what he's been through and what's happening now. He's excited by the prospect of rehabilitating. We've toured the facility several times in a regular pediatric wheelchair, which is a big step up from touring in a bed.

Tomorrow is a dialysis day, so we're tied up all day. Kid visits would be better timed for the weekend. Kidney status is ditto.

Right now, the leading contender for our Make-A-Wish trip is http://skyways.lib.ks.us/towns/Cawker/twine.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys, its really great to hear about the + changes going on daily...the girls often ask how he is doing and even Sophia(3) has drawn him a little scribble I'll bring the next time i stop by. I'm glad you both have wonderful support of family and friends to be with you and give you a break from time to time (Im not sure if it had been your first dinner outing when I had stopped by, but I'm sure you had a nice change from the brownbag take-out Thai food))...anyway, we just wanted to say hi and to also let you know that you have a great sense of humor and we get a chuckle from all of your clever comments...take care, Michelle, steven, alexis, mia and sophia

Anonymous said...

I couldn't believe my eyes for the make the wish foundation contender. I was in stitches. You should be a comedian as a moonlighting job (I am not kiddding). You would make the big bucks.
Bless Jacob for being so strong and still be able to laugh at Spongebob. SpongeBob is our family's favorite, next to Drake and Josh, Hanna Montana.
I finally got around to sending a card with pictures that Jacob and you and Jenn might enjoy. Take care, our thoughts and prayers are with you, love, Sherry, Bruce, Christine, Michelle, Katherine
P.S. Katherine finally been accepted for eligbilty for hearing aids through the school District. She will be getting them in a couple weeks. We are thankful for that. It has been a long process. I would like some of that government cheese too. But I don't think we qualify for that either.