Wednesday, May 16, 2007

5/16 Status Report - Time for Tubby bye-bye!

We've been approved for discharge, but we're awaiting the "final paperwork" so we can say bye bye to the inpatient lifestyle.

We've been waiting for that paperwork for over three hours. I've never understood why hospitals consistently ruin their goodwill by delaying and botching the discharge process.

I had not commented on the passing of Reverend Jerry Falwell, but I really like this quote from former Teletubby Tinky Winky:

Asked about Falwell's death, Winky turns serious and chooses his words carefully.

"I'm not going to pretend I'm sadder than I am," he says. "There were late nights during the dark times when I wished to hear news like this. I'd be lying if I denied that. I don't feel that way anymore. I like to think I've grown over the years, gotten past all that pain.

"But at the end of the day, I'm not terribly sad, and I think a lot of people feel the same way. Jerry Falwell was a divisive person, a hateful person, and what I've tried to be all about, in the Teletubbies days and since then, has been love. I've got to keep it that way. I don't want anybody feeling good about it when it's my time for Tubby bye-bye."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Recommendation to make on patient discharge survey form: promote Nu Nu as director of hospital clean up and discharge. La La says, "yipee, tubby cakes for everyone!!!!". The sun is rising in Tele-tubby land, Dipsy has made a break for it with Po, and Po says "oh, oh, tubby escape, tubby escape!!!", as the pinwheel spins wildly in the Miami seabeezes. Happy Thursday guys!!!!! Mark

Anonymous said...

Mark, whoever you are, that was positively hilarious. And you are certifiably nuts (a good thing, I think).

Never really having watched the Tele-Tubbies (always thought they were a bit "odd," I now realize that Tinky-Winky is a kindred soul. He sure got it right with the good Reverand Falwell. No tears were shed in the Battista household. Well done Tinky!

Camille