Saturday, May 5, 2007

5/5-5/6 status report

Everybody had a good day. Jacob got to wheel around in the wheelchair, nap, shop for Yu Gi Oh cards on EBay and watch some TV. Mommy got out for a little Target therapy. Daddy got to work in a quick 60 mile bike ride (which makes up for having to miss a race tomorrow).

Jake seems healthy. As I (Dr. Dad) had predicted, the hallucinations and eyesight issues seem to have disappeared once the Adavan wore off. No observable seizures today. Other than medium-elevated blood pressure (high 120s to low 130s), he didn't have any major issues today. He had a cardiac ultrasound study in the afternoon, but we haven't received the results yet. He made urine at a decent clip today.

He's a resilient kid, with an especially resilient brain. Like they say . . .

CYRIL: You know what I'd like to be? A cartoon of some kind. You know, like when they get hit on the head with a frying pan or something, and their head looks like the frying pan, with the handle and everything? Then they just go boiiinnng and their head comes back to normal? Wouldn't that be great?

(from the movie Breaking Away (1978), which I know by heart)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy to hear about all of Jacob's medical progress. I especially love your ability to bear up under such stress. Such wonderful parents responding with all the heart and hope that it takes.
Love,
Lonnie

Anonymous said...

Larry, Jen and Jake,

I just wanted to drop a line to let you guys know that I am thinking about you. I have tried calling,but I know that between taking (great!!!) care of Jake and the revolving door of doctor's , nurses and visitors probably leave you exhausted and a little loopy(without Adavan of course). Well....Jacob and I are definitely going to have to talk. They gave me Adavan before every chemo. I usually fell into a deep slumber, dreaming about shoes, bags.... I digress. Everyone at work asks about Jacob daily(sometimes two or three times daily), so I send them to the blog. I will repeat myself(comes with age) Jake is a fighter who comes from good stock. Although G-d and I are in need of a good talk I will continue to pray and send strengh and good thoughts. Vilma and I would really like to visit and bring some low sodium treats, so call me when you are able. Much love from my family to yours. Oh.....only two more weeks with the crutches! I've become attached to them and can now do spins and juggle them while standing on one foot! I'm here if you need me. Please don't forget that.

Peg Leg aka Hop Along