Wednesday, May 16, 2007

5/16 Status Report

Jacob is in hemodialysis this afternoon, and won't be done until 6:00 p.m. Once hemodialysis is finished, they'll let us know whether he's discharged today.

He's kept his food down so far. The tummy is still bothering him, but not as bad as yesterday.

He's a little frustrated with his (presumably temporary) lack of coordination and lack of concentration issues, but he knows he wants to go home. Our housekeeper and construction workers have done an incredible job of making the house more liveable for his impending arrival.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen and Larry,

Un-frickin' believable story. Jen, I am Uncle Frank's friend from N.C., you might remember me, Belinda, and Jonny from Amelia visit a couple years back. Uncle Frank and I finally connected again last night after almost 3 months of slammo. "Jake the Snake", as I called him then, was a little guy back then. There must be something special about that boy, amazing survival. And you guys (from reading the blog) remind me so much of when our boy Jonny was born at 2.8 pounds and spent his first 40 days on this planet in neonatal ICU. Life to me during that time was a blur, and yet, life was so acute, and everything was so ultra-real. You guys are showing amazing "hang in there" powers. I told Uncle Frank, and will tell you, that if there is something we can do to help (besides sending all the good vibes down I-95), let us know. I will leave my e-mail address on both the e-mail addresses listed on the blog. My best wishes to all of you, and remember that what does not destroy us, truly makes us stronger (I have had a lot of experience in destruction). Keep hangin', guys.

Mark