Tuesday, June 16, 2009

6/16 Update

This post comes courtesy of the "Attorney Resource Room" at the Orlando Bankruptcy Courthouse (which is one floor of an otherwise civilian office building). I'm pleased to find that they've finally replaced the keyboard on the open-access computer after 5 years. Previously, typing was like shifting the lumps in a bowl of tapioca pudding. After my 2:00p.m. hearing, I'm going up to Gainesville. I'll be back in Miami on Friday morning.

The blood test results from yesterday are generally good. Creatinine is down to .70, so his drinking has helped Potassium is a little high (5.4) and they need to raise the dose of some other medications. I don't understand why potassium would be high if kidney function is otherwise good, but I'm sure I'll learn all about it in the coming semesters of life-experience nephrology university (credits not transferable to other institutions).

The preemptive consumer plug today goes to the latest iteration of CompUSA. I had some time to kill, so I went into the Orlando location. Helpful staff, good selection, reasonable prices. I bought a new Acer Aspire netbook (for which a review will come real soon). The promised 6 hour battery life and 2.5 lb size make it a good tool for my upcoming daily bike commutes to the UF Law Library. Also a thumbs up for the Chevy HHR rental car. It looks like a pie delivery van, but it's roomy and comfortable. When this ordeal is done, I'm going to index the whole blog for easy location of medical issues and consumer rants.

No comments: