Friday, June 26, 2009

6/26 Airport Update



Blogging is easiest when I have down time somewhere that has ample wi-fi. Of course it's hard when the blog is supposed to be about Jake and Jen and there are no actual status updates since a substantive post four hours ago. On the other hand, I may have purchased a pack of gum or seen a shiny object, and I can narcissisticly presume everybody else is as enthralled in these things as I am. More importantly, my two choices right now are (1) update the blog, or (2) listen to TV coverage of Al Sharpton talking about Michael Jackson's death. I choose option one - although I think I voted for Al Sharpton in the Democratic presidential primary a few years back (really).

I'm hanging out at Fort Lauderdale Airport waiting for the delayed flight to Jacksonville. The reason is that "they are having weather in Tampa". No specific kind of weather - just "weather."

The airport Dunkin' Donuts now stocks donuts, so that nightmare is apparently over. On the other hand, the Chicken Kitchen doesn't sell chicken - only something called a "chop-chop" that has pieces of chicken over a bowl of rice. That's not how I roll.

When I'm in a big room with lots of people, my sport is to play "spot the recent law school grad". The bar exam is next month, and you can spot the nervous people reading while holding a rainbow of highlighter pens. I've spotted two so far.

No comments: