Wednesday, June 24, 2009

6/24 Update

Today Jen felt pretty good (there was a manicure and pedicure on the schedule), but Jake had sharp pains in his side in the afternoon.  Tomorrow is the nephrology clinic, so they need to have a better answer than “upset stomach”.  We also hope to get an action plan for when we can leave Gainesville.

We don’t have defined weekend plans yet.  We may go to Jacksonville again, or we may stay in Gainesville.  If we go to Jacksonville, my bike won’t be ready so I’ll have to run instead. Yuck.  I apparently committed myself to run the Fort Lauderdale 13.1 half marathon with our friend Susan on November 15th.  I had already signed up for the MiamiMan half-ironman on November 8th, so the only way I’m going to be able to do both is to get into full marathon shape so the half-marathons will seem like training runs.  This means I have to really train this year, not the half-assed marathon training I’d done in the past (which resulted in crappy marathon times and nagging injuries).  A journey of 26 miles starts with a single step, but the journey sucks.  

No comments: