Saturday, June 20, 2009

6/20 update


I'm in the mood for Zipz. Remember Zipz? The "make your own sundae" place. The biggest size was the zonker, but we usually got our sundaes in a mini baseball helmet bowl.

It's about 100 degrees, so we're hanging out in the house until it cools off a bit. We went to a restaurant on the water for lunch, where I took the picture.

Crummy bike trip, but a beautiful morning. 5 miles from home, the right pedal came off. The crank threads were completely stripped off - so much so that it can't be re-threaded. Rode home with one pedal. I then got a flat 2 miles from home. The bike is at the only bike shop in Fernandina, and I don't know if they can find and old replacement crank in their parts pile or whether they'll need to order one.

2 comments:

Kavetchnik said...

happy to be caught up on the blog. good to hear everything other than bikes going well. coming back from nj tomorrow--yay! allow me to be the first to wish the master blogger/tech geek happy father's day.
xxoo,
jen

Anonymous said...

Good Morning,
Happy Father's Day Larry. Jake, you look very good, and I am so happy to see your picture and to find out that you feel OK. Dear, Jen, I keep you in my prayers. I hope you will feel better soon. Everyone at Peds Ambul Is sending their love and wish you well. Love , Lidia and Elena