Monday, June 1, 2009

6/1 update


We're in the hospital waiting to find out if he is going to be discharged. The labs are running a little late, so no blood test results yet. On what is hopefully his last day as an inpatient, we finally found things in the cafeteria that he likes.

One clarification on yesterday's post. Just because I take full credit for the diagnosis doesn't mean that it was my idea. C'mon people, I'm married. It was Jen's idea. Thinking of something and taking credit for it are two completely different things. Think Al Gore.

If things go well, I plan on renting a very small car and driving back to Miami this evening so I can take care of some work tomorrow.

I rode around rural Gainesville on the bike yesterday. It's really pretty, and bike lanes are abundant. I could live here if they had better electronics stores. Went to Office Max yesterday to buy the laptop in the ad, but they were suddenly out of stock when I declined the extended warranty. I actually heard the stockroom guy ask the sales clerk on the radio whether I was getting the warranty before he went to "look" in inventory.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

obviously the Best Buy geeks tipped off the Office Max geeks.

Kavetchnik said...

please take remy with you when you return to gainesville in your very small car. i can't take another round of his current favorite game, called "when are we going to go see jacob" ad nauseam. it's not fun for me to play. tell jacob that you're bringing him a present that will ask the same question on demand no matter how many times you give it the same answer.
love,
jen

Anonymous said...

Just say yes to the extended warranty and change your mind when you go to the register! :)

Glad to hear Jacob's numbers are improving... Keeping our fingers crossed for continued good news!

Sam

David H. Wollins said...

Bait-and-switch tactics. Ad on or add-on? When I was at Wharton, I did surveillance-at-Sears for the $64 TV (which was never available). "Of course, you should really look at the $84 TV. It is much better."

Hopefully, you will be out, soon, and return-to-normalcy following ....

David H. Wollins