Sunday, May 31, 2009

5/31 Report


Creatinine is down to 1.9. Steroids seem to be working. I take full credit for the diagnosis and treatment. We'll leave at noon and need to return by 7:00a.m. tomorrow.

He was a little nauseated yesterday afternoon. It may be because of the steroids (Solumedrol).

I convinced him to watch part of Star Blazers with me last night. He said he didn't really like it, because he "only likes either funny cartoons or cartoons with some action and some funny", and this didn't have enough funny or action. The fact that it's 9 hours long also plays into his analysis. My new bribe is that if he's well behaved, I'll download a Phineas and Ferb episode from iTunes for his iTouch. When I was a kid, if you were well behaved your parents would beat you with a softer belt.

I went to Best Buy with money in hand to buy a laptop (I was even considering a MacBook). I couldn't get a salesperson's attention, and we left after 15 minutes. Who'd have thunk that people would be shopping on a Saturday afternoon? I think they could smell that I wasn't buying the Geek Squad add-in.

If things are good tomorrow, I'll drive back to Miami in the afternoon.
I forgot to mention - happy Shavout.

1 comment:

Kavetchnik said...

ok, i am now caught up. sorry i haven't been commenting. between zoe's stepping up, her birthday and my niece's bat-mitzvah, it's been a little crazy here. anyway... i will fill jon in but he has been suggesting that you call him to talk all this over. he wants to suggest home health care for the future so that his levels get checked by a visiting nurse and you don't have to keep trekking back and forth to the hospital. (your insurance co will like that too.) also glad to hear that he is finally on steroids and i am sure jon will be too. seems to me that should've been done the last time when he was only on for 2 days--why not keep him on then for 1 or 2 more days as a preventative and then this all might have never have happened?? duh. but then, what do we know. right. also remy REALLY misses jacob and wants to come visit. let me know when he's had a bath ;-)i ain't visiting no stinky kid.
much love,
jen