Friday, May 22, 2009

5/22 afternoon update


Things are good. We're waiting for the resident to issue the papers so we can be discharged.


Our post-discharge instructions are not as severe as we had feared. He can be around other people, as long as they haven't been sick and haven't travelled to swine flu regions recently. In the words of the transplant surgeon, "we did all this so he could live like a normal 9 year old".


I went to the bike store to pick up my bike. They showed me three separate places where there are cracks where the carbon meets the aluminum lugs. Easy come, easy go. (It was my beater bike, and I had put 15,000 miles on that frame). I ordered a new aluminum racing frame ("Skeletor" by Spooky Bikes) so that they can move the parts over. No more carbon for me. Meanwhile, I'll ride a steel fixie for a week.


No comments: