Thursday, May 21, 2009

5/21 - morning update


Still flowing. . .


He feels pretty good this morning, and was actually hungry at wake-up. He devoured a leftover sub from last night. Creatinine is down to 2.42, and potassium is improved. The morning lab results are encouraging, but for the fact that the improvement may because they are giving him the anti-rejection medicines. We hope to get the biopsy results today, so we'll find out whether he's experiencing rejection.

Thanks to the Blitzers for the chocolate package.
Wi-fi internet appears to be down at the hospital (d'oh), so I'm using the broadband modem I got from work. For a while I thought the laptop had died, which would have given me a golden excuse to go laptop shopping. Am I cool enough for a Mac? I doubt it. I do like the new Microsoft commercials (and I like Vista), but nobody is handing me cash to go computer shopping. I'm also considering buying a netbook to play with, but none of the local retailers have the linux models available and I'm too instant-gratification to go mail order.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For what its worth, we went to Mac recently, and will never go back. Love it. Researching that might give you a little break. Glad to hear the numbers are more encouraging today; I hope the trend continues.

Sam

Unknown said...

Hi, Jake,
I am so glad to her that you feel better and started to eat again.I still remember the AU Bon Pain chicken soup and also the bread you use to like. The lab results are encouraging and it is so good to be off dialysis. Wish you the best and send youall my love, Lidia