Wednesday, May 6, 2009

5/6 - morning report


Jake had a fairly good night, all things considered. He's hooked up to a number of IVs and pumps, so he's tied down and fairly uncomfortable. He can take some clear fluids now, and will be able to eat some simple solids once he proves that he can pass gas (the medical version of the canary in the coal mine?). He's still groggy (I presume there is a pain killer amongst the medications), but we're watching tv and hanging out. We're supposed to do some walking today. Two of the medicine bags on the IV stand are marked "high cost drug" with a big green sticker. I don't know if I should be impressed or intimidated.

Jen is in a lot of pain, but they moved her out of the bed to a chair so she can sit up. I don't know when they will have her walking. She had some tea, and presumably can eat some solids today.

I have a digital camera, and asked Jake if he wanted me to take a picture to send to his friends. He just glared at me. Just like his mom.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that everything went well -- here's to continued good news as your Gainesville adventure continues. The Kavanaughs

Anonymous said...

sending my daily dose of love. hang in there--you're all doing great. tell jen when it's all over i'm taking her out for captain morgan's and diet coke.
xo,
jen

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you all made it through the longest day ever and things are looking good. Our best thoughts and wishes are still with you.

Mary Carroll

Anonymous said...

Larry, its great to hear that everything is going well and that "recuperation" is on the way (good name for the blog, by the way). I will continue to pray for Jake to pass .... and for a speedy recuperation.

My best regards, JLQ

Anonymous said...

Now that we are out of the woods, onto the more important question - did you bring your bike?

All kidding aside, from our family to yours - much love.

Jeff, Michelle, Jonah & Benjamin Lynne