Tuesday, May 19, 2009

5/19 - Morning Update


Each morning is roughly the same. He sleeps fairly well. We try to go to sleep at 9:45 p.m. They wake him up for blood tests at 7:30a.m. He whines and complains about being woken up and that he won't ever, ever be able to go back to sleep. At 7:45, he falls back asleep until 8:30.

At 8:30, I begin the nagging about how he needs to eat to coat his stomach for the pile'o'pills. He says he's not hungry, so I tell him that he can't complain to me if his tummy hurts later. I'm a black belt in the passive/aggressive martial arts. He doesn't like breakfast food, so every morning it's a struggle to see what I can interest him in eating. This morning, it was Chips Ahoy! (apparently the exclamation point is part of the name) for breakfast. Father of the Year stuff. We'll see if that works. No matter what we give him, the half hour after pill time is usually a tummy ache. I look at the volume of the pills and know that it certainly would give me a stomach ache.

It looks like a Club Penguin morning. Jake is convinced that Rockhopper is coming today. I have no idea what that means, but it sounds very important. It could be the Rapture (of kid's online entertainment), but without Kirk Cameron.

1 comment:

Kavetchnik said...

sounds incredibly dull. well, you could be writing legal briefs! i'd have remy go on club penguin to play with jacob but a) he went back to school today and b) he and taegan somehow managed to shatter remy's computer screen yesterday. oh the joy of having three sick kids stay home together while i try to work.
xo,
jen