Saturday, May 2, 2009

Setup in Gainesville


We've arrived at the 1 bedroom furnished apartment that we rented in the "Hunter's Crossing" apartment complex. We have a single queen bed, so I'll sleep on the floor in my sleeping bag for a few days. Once they go into the hospital, I'd get the whole bed for a week, but I'll be spending the night in Jake's room. Two weeks from now, we'll have a second apartment (a 2 bedroom), and we'll move into that and the in-laws will get this one. We're set up fairly well, with a supermarket close by and our own washer/dryer. I can't figure out how to get the cable modem to work, but there's no problem finding an unsecured "linksys" router for "free" wireless access.

The trip was uneventful. Jake plowed through half of Season 4 of the Simpsons and is working on Pokemon Platinum. He calls it "doubletasking." Jen and I listened to Casey Kasem running down an America's Top 40 from 1976. Disco Lady by Johnnie Taylor was number 1 that week.

This is graduation weekend for both University of Florida and Santa Fe Community College, so everything is fairly crowded. We stayed local for dinner, because I was told we absolutely, positively needed to be back for the premiere of the new Jonas Brothers tv show at 8p.m.

Both Jen and Jake have hospital appointments at 8:00a.m. on Monday morning, but Jen doesn't formally check in until Tuesday. Jake will have his last (hopefully) dialysis on Monday, and will sleep at the hospital Monday night (as will I). I have a lot of work to catch up with before the surgery, so tomorrow will be low-key.

No comments: