Monday, May 11, 2009

5/11 morning update


Mommy was discharged last night. She slept at the Hilton with her mom.

Jake is feeling good and slept well. They woke him up early to do some tests, and he put on his tyrant mask for 15 minutes. The usual early morning grumpiness. I tried to explain to him that it probably isn't the best way to deal with his nurse. On the other hand, maybe being a PITA is the way to incentivize the staff to get you out of the hospital (and their hair). Anyway, he calms and apologizes once he fully wakes up.

We hope that Jake will be released from the hospital today. If we are released today, we will return to the transplant clinic on Thursday for a battery of tests.

I have to go down to the pharmacy in an hour to pick up his medicine supply. I'm going to need a forklift (and potentially a second mortgage). On the other hand, Jen's post-op prescriptions were all generic meds, and the month supply for three drugs added up to $14.00.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jacob,Jen and Larry,
I am at work today and I went on line to see what is new with you. I am so glad to read that jake goes home today. Good luck from Cris, Dwayen's mother, Marina Michelle. Love you all, Lidia

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jacob,
I am so glad to here the good news about you. i will keep you in my prayers.God bless. Love , jenny salcedo PCA peds ambul