Thursday, May 7, 2009

5/7- morning report


Jake's ornery and doesn't feel well. I was wondering how long it would take before we would get to the point where he hates all the staff and all medicines become a negotiation. Two days.



I think they may move us out of the ICU today and back to the pediatric floor. That wouldn't be bad, because the ICU keeps you attached to all sorts of monitors, and this would lessen the number of limbs that are restrained. They may also remove the catheter from his bladder, but then he'd need to get up to pee, and I don't know if he's ready to walk yet.



Jen looked good. She's on a lot of pain meds, so she sleeps a lot, but she's pretty sharp. Today was her first day back to the Soy Vanilla Latte fraternity.



The out-out-town grandparents are leaving town today, but my brother and Jen's other brother are coming in. Her parents will probably be with us for a few weeks. We rented them an apartment in the same complex where we have an apartment.



I have now watched Son of the Mask three times, as well as the entire Suite Life of Zack and Cody series. I've also gained several pounds, having eaten nothing but Krystal and Wendys. Sleeping in the chair twists me around too much to want to go running, and the bike isn't here yet, so I just sit and eat.

5 comments:

Kavetchnik said...

it could be worse. instead of son of the mask it could be pet detective 2.

tell jacob that remy really misses him, but is so excited that the kidney is working. the whole class is psyched about his new body part! he is a superstar.

Michaela said...

We were so happy to hear the surgery went well. Please say hi! to Jacob and Jen for us. Thank you for keeping us all updated. Keeping you all in our prayers.

Love, Michaela and Michael

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll be back in fighting shape before you know it. What about iCarly? Did you add that to your repertoire? Or even worse, Star Wars the Clone Wars? Sam

Eric said...

Larry, unbelievable job you are doing for your family! Jen, absolutely incredible gift you have given to Jake! You can't top this one come Chanukah! Jake, you are one tough cookie, hang in there!
Best Wishes and lots a luv,
Yvette, Eric, Brooke, Zachary & Pepper

Laurie said...

Larry, please tell Jen that I've had THREE C-sections so I can relate to the pain she's feeling for having her belly open. BOY, CAN I!! Oh, my name is Laurie and Jennifer and I are childhood friends from Homewood. :) Your updates are a blessing to all and your humor is appreciated. I'm so proud of you all.

Laurie Harwell Davis