Thursday, May 7, 2009

5/7- afternoon update


Things are calmer now. I left for the apartment (to finally go to sleep) at 2:00 p.m., but Jake was giving the inlaws a hard time so I got the call at 2:30 p.m. that I needed to come back to the hospital because he was being "non-cooperative". It took an hour of negotiating to get Jake out of bed and into the reclining chair. I had to send the in-laws out for a Nintendo game (Yu Gi Oh GX: Spirit Caller) and a bag of Krystal burgers. Once I had that in hand, the nurse gave him 5 grams of morphine. After 10 minutes of screaming about how much it hurt (and I'm sure it did), we got him in the chair. He then spent 20 minutes reminding me of how much pain he was in and how uncomfortable he was - until he forgot. Two hours later, he was so engrossed in the game that he hopped back into bed with little struggle or effort. I ate 4 burgers and an order and a half of fries during the negotiating process, so I've got a terrible tummy ache.


Jen's got some numbness in her hands and feet, so they are taking her in for x-rays.


No comments: