Friday, May 29, 2009

5/29 - Night


The nephrologist called and said that the Mag3 scan showed no functional impairment. We treat that as good news. The current problems would then be treated as rejection-related, and medicated via steroids. That sounds a lot better than something which would require invasive surgery. On the other hand - who the heck really knows. Its a mystery wrapped up in an enigma smothered with paradox and currants, and then deep-fried.


Onto other news. First, Batmite (voiced by Paul Reubens) was featured on tonight's Batman: The Brave and the Bold. Awesome! Lots of nerd in-jokes. He was portrayed a lot like Boingo the Bunny from Hoodwinked. Some of you may recall that when Jake first left the hospital two years ago, the first place we went was a comic book convention. I'm not that into it anymore, but he really does get it from me (although I was more Marvel than DC). I need to get him reading comic books rather than manga.


Second, once he goes to sleep I can start Star Blazers (a/k/a Spaceship Yamato) off of iTunes. Each episode is a 1gb download. It's a Japanese serial cartoon dubbed into English. It was on at 8:00 a.m. every morning when I was in the seventh grade. I faked sickness for two days in a row to see how it ended.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jake, Jen, and Larry,
I was so happy to talk to you last night and even more this morning to find out that Jake does not need another surgery. It is much easier to adjust the medication level and to control the diet and fluid intake.Jake is a very good kid and if he understand the reason behind a request, he becomes very complaint. Remember , Jen, how difficult was in the beginning to change his dressing, and soon he started helping me to change it? He is a good kid. Let him know that he is capable to help the team to make him feel better. Love you all, Lidia.My sister said Hello. We keep you in our prayers.