Sunday, June 21, 2009

6/21 Update

100 degrees in Jacksonville today. Jake and his friends were cooped-up in the house all day. He generally feels good.

Jen is still feeling ill. I cancelled my flight back to Miami tonight so I could drive them back to Gainesville. I'm going to take Jen to the transplant clinic in the morning, and rent a car and drive home after that.

We went to the beach yesterday afternoon, which was a load of fun except for my stupidity in walking there (on the scalding pavement) barefoot. I ended up with large blisters on the bottoms of my feet, so I couldn't run today. The Jacksonville bike will be in the shop for another week, so I couldn't ride. I ended up spending the morning learning how to configure the Thunderbird email program on the in-laws' computer, because their Outlook Express is irreparably bonked. It's aerobic mental exercise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jacob and Jennifer!

I miss you and love you guys so much! You are my heroes. I pray for you guys everyday. Can't wait to see you!
Love, Lotsy

Anonymous said...

WE ENJOYED JAKE DOING HIS FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT ROUTINE WITH BUILDING BLOCKS. IT'S A DELIGHT TO GET HIM OUT AND ABOUT.

MIMI AND BEEP ARE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL TO HAVE SUCH A MENCH AS A SON-IN-LAW. LARRY WAS ABLE TO UNDO ALL THE DETRITUS FROM THE ABORTED ATTEMPTS BEEP MADE TO IMPROVE THE COMPUTER OPERATING SPEED AND REPAIR OUTLOOK EXPRESS, ALL THE WHILE WATCHING SOCCER CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY. AH, SUCH A GUY...

BEEP(GRANDFATHER-zayda)