Thursday, June 18, 2009

6/18 post - craigslist edition

We went to the nephrology clinic today for Jake, and Jen went down to the transplant clinic for a checkup. Both Jake and Jen had been having some abdomen pain. Jake's pain comes in the mid-afternoon, so the prescription by the docs is that he should have a snack between lunch and dinner. Jen's isn't that simple, so she's going for a cat-scan tomorrow. No blood test results until tomorrow.

I drove back to Miami in a torrential downpour. Every time I drive back, it rains a little at Yeehaw Junction (and there's usually a rainbow). This time it was an Armageddon storm. My rental Hyundai compact was blowing and sliding, so I waited out the storm at a rest stop. On the other hand, I got a lot of hands-free work calls done during the drive. The Palm Pre is superior to my old iPhone 3G on so many levels, especially as a phone. Much, much better phone reception and call quality, and better battery life for phone use.

Jen and Jake are driving to Fernandina Beach tomorrow (about 90 minutes away) to stay at Jen's parent's house for the weekend. I'm going to fly up after work (Southwest Airlines) and come back Sunday night. I've got an old Miyata road bike at their house that hasn't been ridden in a year, so the tune up will keep me occupied.

One of the things that we've decided to do when we get back to Miami is get Jake a new big bed for his room, so he'll stop sleeping in our bed. That means that his old twin bed (with matching pull-out trundle bed) has got to go. He's slept in it very little, and it's pristine. Any takers before it goes onto Craigslist? Speaking of Craigslist - this is very well done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R32aFmxL9HY

No comments: