Wednesday, June 17, 2009

6/17 update


Today's post comes from the bowels of the library at the University of Florida School of Law. I packed up my new netbook and a change of shirt into my manbag (a messenger bag, but let's face it, it's a manbag) and biked over for a day's worth of work. They gave me a visitor password for their wireless network (a courtesy they extend to all Florida Bar members, even people with spandex bike shorts peeking out from under their cargo shorts).

Jake was happy to see me last night, and really happy to receive the new "X-Saber" Yu Gi Oh Deck that I brought with me from Miami. Jen had mail-ordered it, but it was shipped to our house. That's why he was happy to see me go on Sunday, and happy to have me come back yesterday. He's got lots of energy, and feels well. We have a big clinic visit tomorrow. Once that's done, I'll drive back to Miami late Thursday evening. I've got a ton of work meetings on Friday. I'm single-handedly keeping Hertz solvent - although there's no extra charge for a one-way rental within Florida. It's usually only about $70 per weekday, and $40.00 per weekend day. I may not get back for a few days after that, but we'll see.

Jen was able to get a manicure and pedicure, but I can't seem to convince her to get back into the massage routine. Plenty of nice (and inexpensive) day spas in Gainesville.

I'm very happy with the new Acer Aspire One 1920 netbook. Very usable 10.1 inch screen, decent keyboard (given the small size) and very acceptable (almost snappy) performance. I loaded up Firefox and OpenOffice 3.1, so I have all the applications I need. I'd recommend the 160gb hard drive rather than the 16gb solid state drive, because OpenOffice does take up a lot of space. All told, an excellent deal for $329.00. It makes a nice Father's Day present for yuppie nerds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Larry,
Maybe Jen and Jacob will get you a Coach purse for Father's Day! Oops I mean "manbag".
Love to all.
Kim