Friday, June 19, 2009

6/19 update

There's a Dunkin' Donuts in Terminal One at Fort Lauderdale Airport. They don't carry donuts. I didn't want a donut, but still . . .

Jake's creatinine is .90. Prograf is up to 12.5 (we want it below 10). Potassium is good at 5.0. We don't know if creatinine is up because the Prograf level is up, whether .90 is merely within the standard deviation of his "good baseline" function levels, or whether it's something else. I tend to favor the explanation that allows me to make use of my masters degree in statistics (actually econometrics, but it's pretty much the same thing). For more math goodness, try out the new Wolfram Alpha search engine, from the authors of the nerdgasmic Mathematica software package.

Jen had her CAT-scan today. No results, but it was apparently an unpleasant series of logistical problems culminating with a spill of the dye on her new outfit.

We're spending the weekend at Jen's parents' house in Fernandina Beach, Florida (a/k/a "Amelia Island"). It's really nice, and Jake loooooves the kids who live next door. It should be a nice weekend.

I'm typing this on the Netbook at the airport while rocking out on Pandora (the Muse channel) on the Pre and sucking down a decaf iced coffee. Yuppie sterotypical bliss. For those who mock the Larry decaf coffee diet, I dropped 5 pounds in the last ten days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jen,
I am sorry I could not talk too you for too long on Wed. because I was taking care of a patient when you called. I hope that you and Jake are Ok and I wish you a very good weekend with Grandma.I miss you both and I hope I will see you soon. Take care, say Hello to Larry and your mother. Love, Lidia

Anonymous said...

Larry, Jennifer and Jacob,
Enjoy your escape this weekend and we hope that you have a great time in Amelia Island. Happy Father's Day Larry!
Love,
Kim and Valerie